February 16-18, 2013 ~ Snowboarding
Lucas has only been snowboarding once and that was when he was 14 years old. Since he had never really been snowboarding I was so excited for him to go because I Love snowboarding!! I thought it would be fun to teach him and I didn't mind taking it slow for him, but that wasn't the case. He was a pro! He fell a good number of times, as expected, but he kept up with me. He even does toe-edge naturally, I can't even do toe edge!! I guess I should be used to this because Lucas is just a natural athlete. But I didn't think he was going to be almost as good as me by the end of the day, which I have been snowboarding since I was 12 or 13.
But anyway! We drove up Saturday afternoon with Diana after I got done with nursing class. It was fun driving up with Diana because I don't get to talk to her that much and we were able to hear all about Cody. Cody and Diana were dating when we got married but then they broke up for a couple of months. Now Cody wants to get back together with Diana but Diana isn't sure about the whole situation. When we got to Cedar City we went to the Mexican restaurant that we always do. Its called, "Authentic Mexican food, Las casa Don Miguel". Its so delicious! Lucas has never been to it before and since he birthday was yesterday we decided to celebrate his birthday there! They gave him a sombrero to wear, which was awesome, and we sang happy birthday to him. He is such a cute birthday boy!! That night we also went bowling! Bowling is my favorite! Dad always makes "bets" about who can get a turkey or the first person to get a strike wins something. He gets creative with his bets sometimes. I can't remember how much Lucas won, because he is good at bowling, but I know he won $$.
The next day we went to church at the historic brick church in Cedar city. We always get a family picture in front of the church because mom loves the architecture of the building. Dad started a snowball fight after the picture. I bet it was a funny sight to see, grown men in church cloths having a snowball fight in front of a church.
On Monday it was snowboarding time!!
Lecith and Ben were also with us!
Just chillin at the house in Cedar City.
The boys made a snowman on top of Diana's car, silly boys!
We met up with Rob and Krysta Boyd for Lunch! Krysta and I serve in young women's together in the Mountain Vista Ward in Vegas. After lunch we even did a run or two with them. It was fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment