Friday, June 17, 2016

December 24, 2015 ~ Christmas Eve

I usually wouldn't like to work Christmas Eve but OIH office was only until noon and I was able to witness the true meaning of Christmas!! Dad was able to perform a Christmas miracle for a patient. The patient had been in severe pain because of her knees for a while and didn't have the money to pay for treatment so never got treatment. She finally got Medicaid but still wasn't getting the medical treatment she needed so she came to dad for a second opinion because Sally (who is in her ward) mentioned it. She accepted the fact that we didn't accept her insurance and saved up so she could pay the $160 to see dad. During the visit with dad she finally received answers as to what was going on with her knees because dad was the first one to read the MRI's with her and go into detail of what was happening. She got a cortisone injection into both knees and her pain was gone immediately. She began to cry because it was the first time she had had no pain for more than a year. Dad whispered to me to not bill her because he knew her financial situation and I helped her to the front desk. After checking out in the front she came back to me and said the lady in the front wouldn't let her pay the bill. I said Merry Christmas from Dr. Hoer and she began to cry. She bought us presents because she knew it was christmas eve and was appreciative for being seen by dad even though we don't accept her insurance and she didn't expect or think she would get anything in return. It is moments like these that make me so very grateful for my good health and grateful for my profession because I can help people and true joy comes from serving people. 

For Christmas Eve we spent the night with the Tielemans! We usually eat dinner at Tony and Sallys but we mixed things up this year and went to a nice Mexican restaurant in Sam's Town. The restaurant was in the garden area of Sam's Town so we got a table on the patio to enjoy the scenery. Laurie and her new husband also joined us for dinner, which added a new element to the night (if you know Laurie you know what I mean). Laurie's husband is really nice and they seem very happy which is nice to see. After dinner we watch the Christmas laser light show in the garden area. The kids really liked it and fake snow fell at the end of it which was a nice touch! 


 The beautiful flowers dad had sent to me for Christmas

Our presents from Sandi






 Luke LOVES Benny so much that when I wanted a picture of just the two of us he insisted that Benny was in the picture also...so much for getting a christmas picture with just my husband...I hope he wants to take pictures with our kids as much as he wants to take pictures with Benny.




No comments:

Post a Comment