December 7, 2012 ~ Alamo & Getting a tree
Lucas's tradition growing up was going to Pine Valley to grandpa Hafen's cabin and cutting down a Christmas tree. Growing up we always had a real tree but our tradition was going to the Home Depot parking lot and getting a fresh cut tree. I loved that tradition growing up but I thought it would be so much fun to cut down a Christmas tree! We researched it out and the closest place that we could legally cut down a Christmas tree was just outside of Alamo, Nevada. Considering Alamo was an hour and a half away we made a day of it!
We woke up early and headed for the road. I didn't realize how small Alamo was though! We drove through the whole town, including the neighborhoods in 20 minutes! We asked one of the locals for a good place to eat lunch and they mentioned a place behind the Sinclair. We were confused at first and asked for directions and he said it wouldn't be hard to miss. I thought it was funny that the sign for the restaurant even said, "behind Sinclair".
We woke up early and headed for the road. I didn't realize how small Alamo was though! We drove through the whole town, including the neighborhoods in 20 minutes! We asked one of the locals for a good place to eat lunch and they mentioned a place behind the Sinclair. We were confused at first and asked for directions and he said it wouldn't be hard to miss. I thought it was funny that the sign for the restaurant even said, "behind Sinclair".
After lunch we headed past Alamo to a spot that had trees. It was kind of nerve racking getting there though because the gas gauge on the Ford was broken and so we didn't know how much gas we had left, we were going to an area without phone service and there was no gas station for 30 minutes once we left Alamo. Finding a good tree was harder then I thought though! The trees weren't as big as I thought either but we eventually found one perfect for our little apartment.
Sally knew of a hot spring in Alamo that we could go to, so we went.
Godfather's Dessert Pizza
No comments:
Post a Comment