Monday, September 1, 2014

January 12, 2014~ Anna's Mission Farewell

January 12, 2014 ~ Anna's Mission Farewell 

The sisters at Anna's mission farewell part after her mission farewell talk.


The ward had a farewell dinner for Anna for FHE on the Monday night before she left. 



 Anna is going to be such a cute missionary! She had a mini photo-shoot before she left. We went to sushi before my parents took Anna up to the MTC. Anna entered the MTC January 29th 2014. Bryant entered the MTC January 29th also! I don't know why I remembered that from so long ago but I did.


My parents were able to take Anna to the MTC. Anna got a whole new wardrobe for being a sister missionary and new luggage. Anna is so fashionable and will be so fashionable on her mission too! Anna is going to do great things in the Colorado Spring mission!





Here is a little bit of Anna's first blog post as a sister missionary!!

            I still can't believe I AM A MISSIONARY!!!!
 The MTC is great. The first day and a half we had so much information thrown at us. 
They shoved this information down our throats almost as fast as Luc and Jacob
 shove bagel bites down their throats. But I feel like I kinda have the hang of things now.
 P day is saturday and thank goodness for that! It's nice to have some time to breathe today. 
So  on our first night, I was feeling rather grubby so I went to take a shower. 
First off...it was like the Motab was in the shower room. A whole medley of 
hymns sung by sisters in the showers. It was cracking me up! Especially 
when two sisters next to eachother would start singing the same song and 
then start harmonizing! Like what?! I have never had such a spiritually 
uplifting shower. So everything is going great, and then one of the sisters 
in my room comes in calling for me..."Sister Hoer! Sister Hoer! Did you 
bring your room key??" Yeah. We were all locked out of our room on the 
first night. We all went to shower and get ready for bed, but none of us 
brought our keys! Go figure. But I laughed so hard. Seriously EVERYTHING 
becomes funny when you're a missionary. The silliest little things will be 
hilarious to me! The other day our teacher said we would have about 30 
minutes left as he looked at his wrist..but he wasn't wearing a watch. I 
was laughing SO hard! He had to ask me if I was okay. I was a little 
embarrassed. But it was great. The littlest things will make us all laugh so hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment