Friday, August 15, 2014

October 26, 2014 ~ Grandpa Hafen's Temple Work

October 26, 2014 ~ Grandpa Hafen's Temple Work

I sadly wasn't able to go to St. George to help do the temple work for Grandpa Hafen because of having Clinicals on Saturdays for nursing school. But I will let Lucas tell you a little about the trip.

It has been a year since the passing of our grandfather. Him and my grandma never got married and sealed in the temple. They were both less active in the church and never sealed the family together. Since it has been a year since his passing, we were permitted to do the temple work in his behalf. It was such a neat and special experience that won’t ever forget.

We all went to the St. George temple to have the work done. Joey Webb did Grandpa’s endowment and then I was able to do his sealing for him. Sealing my grandma and grandpa together so incredible. Julie stood in proxy for my grandmother. After we sealed grandpa and grandma together, my mother and Laurie kneeled down with us, and we were able to seal them together as a family. The spirit was so strong and I could feel my grandparents presence there. Words can’t describe how I felt in that room when we sealed everyone together. I love my grandparents and I know that they will accept the work that was done for them.

After the sealing we went to Snow Canyon and walked around hiking and enjoying the scenery. The weather was absolutely perfect and it was just so nice getting out and enjoying the great outdoors.








No comments:

Post a Comment