May 4th we woke up bright and early and started our drive to Six Flags in California. I have never been to six flags and apparently have never been to a REAL theme park before because of that. I have been to Disneyland a handful of times but Lucas says they don't have real roller coasters. We went on a week day hoping that the park would be empty and we were in luck! The only ride we had to actually wait in line for was the X because only one side was working, all the other rides had a 15 minute wait max. My favorite ride was Tatsu because you get strapped in and then you are tummy down the whole ride. At first it was scary because you are staring at the ground while flying through the air but you really feel like you are flying! My other favorite ride was the Lex Luther drop of doom. The Lex Luther and the Superman share the same two, which is a very high tower. You climb up to the top of a 415 foot tower and then you drop. The first time we rode the Lex Luther it was exhilarating and fun so we hopped on it a second time. The second time the superman ride went to the top of the tower the same time we were at the top of the tower so the tower started to sway back and forth and shake. With the swaying, shaking and loudness from the superman I thought I was going to die...and then we dropped! The first time we knew when the drop was going to occur but the second time there was so much noise and so much going on we didn't see it coming! Unfortunately after like 4 rides I got a little sick and had to sit out but I still rode a couple of more rides before we left the park (like the Lex luther twice and Tatsu).
May 5th
Unfortunately it was overcast the whole day and on our beach day! The water was so cold, the water was cold enough where Lucas didn't want to get in...that means its pretty cold! Luckily we brought long boards and so we were able to still have fun. We first sat on the beach and talked and enjoyed the sound of the waves crashing, then we walked along the boardwalk and watched the surfers surfing. Then it was long boarding time! I am not very fast on the long board and so Lucas ended up helping me go faster by grabbing my hand and pulling me. I have such a cute husband!
While we were walking on the beach we saw this in the sand. It says "follow me" and had an arrow next to it. The arrows ended and so we decided to continue to draw arrows until we got to a lifeguard tower and then we drew a smiley face.
On May 6th we woke up early and started our drive home to meet our new nephew Benson Giles!
















No comments:
Post a Comment