It is surreal that I am a nurse!! I have officially been a nurse since September 18, 2015 but I waited until a new graduate position for Siena was open. I wanted to start working in November but things didn't go as planned. I applied for a new graduate position for the Cardiology Progressive Unit in September that would start in November but I never got a call. I thought it was interesting that I never got a call, not even a call stating I wouldn't be selected and so I looked at my application. When I attached my transcripts and cover letter it accidentally deleted my resume!! No wonder they didn't call me, I didn't have a resume attached to my application. That little incident was kind of confirmation that I was supposed to apply to the Orthopedic unit job. Not to sound arrogant but I knew that if I applied for the Orthopedic unit job I would be working on the orthopedic unit, so it was a big debate on if I wanted to apply or not. I am now very glad that I applied and am excited to start my adventure as a new nurse. I was nervous for the first day of work (of course) but it was a really good experience. The first day was orientation and the room was filled with new employees experiencing the same feelings as me. In orientation I got to know the goals, motto and history of dignity health a little better and they had team building exercises.
Just an interesting side note. On the second or third day of orientation we went into more detail of nursing as a career and benefits of the job and stuff. Well, apparently cars salesmen are more trusted then congress. I couldn't help but laugh when I saw that!





No comments:
Post a Comment