Saturday, September 3, 2016

January 8, 2016 ~ Last day of OIH

Today was bitter sweet. I am leaving my first and only job to enter the real world. I will have a real boss (sorry dad, you were a great boss but lets face it, I am your daughter), and real rules (dad was a great boss and was lenient and worked around my school schedule).  I have come to know and love so many of the patients that come through the office and I will miss them. Lets face it though; I will probably see a lot of the patients again in the hospital. Of course at times we were all annoyed with a certain co-worker (cough cough Sandi) but I have had a lot of fun with my co-workers and will miss them. Everyone threw me a going away party and it was a fun last hurray with my co-workers. Today was the last time I can call A4 my room as an employee.


I didn’t really write about my job interview so I think I will touch a little on that. I admit, even though I was pretty sure I got the job (because of my experience and of course Dad/Diana) I was still very very nervous going into my job interview. It was the first job interview I had ever been to and it was my career and future at steak. It wasn’t any fast food restaurant interview; it was an interview for my dream job.  I came well prepared with 3 portfolios with my resume, cover letter, transcripts, reference letters and awards in them. I lucked out because I had the perfect number of portfolios. Shirley, Calai and Yvonne were the three that interviewed me. Right off the bat Calai asked how I knew 3 people would be interviewing me and I said I didn’t know, I just came with copies of everything just in case. They started off asking me why I wanted to be a nurse. I got choked up a little talking about how my love of taking care of people developed due to a mentor (dad) and Calai interpreted it as being nervous (thankfully I guess) and she called me out. Calai asked, “are you nervous” I replied yes then I paused, took a big breath and resumed a little less shaky (and less choked up).  After that question they asked probably 4 more questions and then it was just a conversation talking about the job, talking about Dad/Diana and just shooting the breeze. I am pretty sure I didn’t answer the first question like at all because they followed that question with a very similar question to get an actual answer. The interview is a blur and I couldn't tell you what they asked or how I answered but it must have gone decently well because I got the job!! 

 In the picture Left to Right: Scott, Luc Hoer, Julie Wadsworth, Catherine Allen, Me, Dad, Kaitie Borden, Sandi Mathius and Jacob Hoer





No comments:

Post a Comment