Tuesday, March 22, 2016

October 23, 2015 ~ Hiking IceBox Canyon

We were planning on camping this weekend but that didn't turn out. The whole fun of camping is a wood campfire...well the camping locations in red rock didn't allow wood campfires, so our camping weekend turned into just hiking. We hiked icebox canyon and it was beautiful! I never thought the desert could be so beautiful and who knew we had such beautiful nature only 30 minutes away from our house. While hiking I sadly lost Luke's orange sun glasses from Holland while trying to get down from the waterfall. Just my luck the sunglasses went in the farthest and deepest corner of the creek. I felt really bad but there was no way to get them. After hiking we tried to go to the sloan dry lake bed to have our wood campfire but I couldn't find the turn off in the dark so we just had our foil dinners at home and watched a movie. The evening turned out differently then I thought it would but it was still a lot of fun being with each other and being in nature. 









No comments:

Post a Comment