Saturday, March 19, 2016

September 15, 2015 ~ Welcoming Kloee Marie Hoer to the world


Mommy and Daddy Hoer finally are GRANDPARENTS!! Everyone was of course very excited but of course the first niece/grandbaby had to be born in Puerto Rico! In Puerto Rico they don't usually perform epidurals for labor and delivery and so they didn't even have a doctor that performs them...so Chelsea was forced to have a natural labor and birth. She also had to be induced because the baby (she didn't have a name until after being delivered) wasn't growing inside her and they were worried the placenta didn't have enough nutrients to keep the baby alive till her due date or until she went into labor naturally. I will let Chelsea tell the story because she can obviously tell it better since I wasn't able to be there.

Birth story:This was probably the scariest day of my life. Not only had I already spent 4 days in the hospital being monitored, but everyone only spoke Spanish and I felt so far from home. Getting an epidural in Puerto Rico is not really an option for some cultural reason! So I did a lot of research on natural births and was confident I could do it somehow. Waking up that day knowing I was going to be induced and doing it natural, I honestly had no idea what to expect! They started the pitosin around 10am and I felt great until my water broke at 4pm! I felt like I was in a movie. It didn't feel real! It hit me when the contractions started that I was way over my head. I'd never felt pain like that in my life! It should be illegal to feel that kind of pain! Bryce and my Doula coached me through it but it didn't take long until I was screaming for someone to get me the drugs!! Haha I think I even grabbed Bryce's chest and almost broke skin I wanted drugs so bad! Ha! Within minutes I was ready to push! It still didn't feel real, it was happening so fast! After pushing my little heart out the doctor told me to open my eyes and look down! I was so scared but I finally did and saw this little head full of dark hair and her long fingers! The doctor then told me to finish pulling her out! I did and put her on my stomach! I couldn't believe how perfect she was! I remember seeing those long eyelashes and thinking how pretty she was! Kloee Marie Hoer arrived at 6:27pm, weighing 5lbs 15oz, and 19in long. Only 2.5 hrs of labor! We felt so blessed to welcome such a beautiful little girl straight from Heaven into our family! And we can't thank Cynthia enough for rushing out to Puerto Rico and take care of us and the baby. We never could of gotten through it without you! From the late night feedings of Kloee to even spoon-feeding me and calming me down during my anxiety attacks to building furniture and cooking every meal! I've never felt so loved and taken care of in my life.  And thank you Steve for making it all possible and sparing your amazing wife for those 9 days! We are so beyond excited to finally make you guys grandparents! Can't wait until the next family vacation, Kloee has no idea how much fun the Hoer clan can be!























No comments:

Post a Comment