Sunday, January 31, 2016

September 4-6th, 2015 ~ Utley Reunion in Enterprise

We traveled up to the cabin the night of the 4th (we were lucky we found the place because there were no road signs and the directions were turn left at the construction sign loose gravel) after having a delicious dinner in St. George with the Hoer's. On the 5th it was party time!! Dad brought up our dirt bikes, the Lindsay's brought their dirt bikes and the Hyer's brought their side by side. It was so very windy and we were in the middle of no where so the sand and dust would whip into your face. It was still fun riding around the cabin but the wind made it hard to want to stay outside for very long. Lucas and I were able to visit the Hafen Cemetery, it was nice being able to see grandpa's grave and visit his families graves. Surprisingly Lucas and I were some of the few who were aloud to drive the Hyer's side by side so we took some of the cousins out on rides. I was driving and we had Lucas in the front with me and Emma and Megan in the back and I took a corner a little too fast. The video Emma happened to be taking I think depicts how everyone felt for a couple seconds until I gained control of the side by side again. Lucas admits he was debating on whether to grab the steering wheel or not but wasn't sure if that would help or make things worse. I was able to recover and now we have a hilarious video! Unfortunately Maddy and Lauren weren't able to recover when they took a corner too quickly. I forgot who was driving now but they took a corner and ended up sliding the bike and themselves on the gravel. It was a sad sight to see but we are lucky we have so many medical professionals in the family to take care of them. Lauren got beat up a little more so I think she was driving. But with the help of Dad, Diana, Liz, Kat and even Lucas we were able to clean them up. Lucas I think is starting to become interested in the Medical field, it was so cute seeing him at my dads side handing him tools while he cleaned out the wounds. I ended up cutting off Lauren's jeans because it was too painful for her to pull the jeans off and then Liz, Gina and I helped her clean her wounds in the tub. After getting Maddy and Lauren cleaned up and medicated we had dinner and then went shooting! Uncle scot brought not only his guns but explosives also! The explosives he brought was called tannerite. After mixing the tannerite if you shoot it it will explode. It made shooting guns that much cooler! After shooting we also hit some balls on their mini driving range. At night Lucas and I sat outside and star gazed, it was breathe taking. Sunday morning we packed up and left. Even though it was a quick trip and despite the motorcycle crash it was nice being with all of the cousins and family.
















































No comments:

Post a Comment